Communications specialist for Sweden
Marketing – Stockholm
We started iZettle with a single mission: to empower small-business owners to sell smarter by offering them the tools typically reserved for bigger players. We are looking for the best and brightest to help us get it done. Our fast-growing startup was founded in 2010 and currently has approximately 550 employees across its 12 operating countries, with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, London, Madrid, Mexico City, São Paulo, Edinburgh and Stockholm (HQ).
The communications specialist (CS) is a creative and self-starting team player that will be part of the Localisation team. You will report to the localisation lead in Stockholm, but you can work remotely. You will also work closely with the content creators (Stockholm), the web marketing team (Edinburgh) and the SEO team (Stockholm).
This is a part-time job (approx. 15–25 hours per week), aiming to start ASAP.
As a CS, you will be the final step in the localisation process. You will translate (from English to Swedish) and proofread, as well as add that last local touch to the text. You will be working with content for web, apps, newsletters, FAQs, social media and other kinds of marketing content.
You will have in-depth knowledge of the Swedish market and iZettle’s products and services in that market, through collaboration with local sales representatives.
You will be responsible for proactively creating content for our Swedish social media page. Together with our content creators, you will also be responsible for identifying local trends and providing local insights. You will make sure the local social media presence is aligned with our overall activities.
One part of your job as a CS is to edit the local web for your market. You will make sure that it is properly localised and SEO optimised by editing and creating digital content in our CMS. We’d also like you to be proactive in researching and coming up with ideas on how to make the website truly localised.
- Translate and proofread as well as create content from scratch
- Fact check localised content to make sure it’s correct for your market
- Help manage the glossary for your language
- Create social content in alignment with the social strategy and keep the local social calendar updated
- Suggest possible opportunities derived from social trends and campaign learnings
- Create a positive relation to the brand by communicating with potential and existing users on our local social channel, and answer comments
- Identify and de-escalate negative feedback on our local social channel
- Write for and edit the web with an understanding of the special requirements of creating content for the web, such as the use of keywords, hyperlinks, navigation and the importance of brevity
- Experience from working in localisation, copywriting and/or marketing
- Education within linguistics/communication
- Your communications skills and ability to write correctly and creatively in Swedish are impeccable
- Highly motivated and genuinely interested in communications and social media
- Experience in posting on social media business pages
- Reliable, proactive and open-minded
- Detail oriented
- In-depth knowledge of SEO
- Familiarity with content management systems
- Native Swedish speaker
- Excellent English skills
This is a part-time job, located in Sweden. You will be working remotely, but you’ll always be welcome to come in to work from the HQ in Stockholm. The job might require some travelling at certain occasions. Sound exciting? Please submit your application in English as soon as possible.
At iZettle, we celebrate and thrive off the individuality of everyone we work with. We value the impact that a diversity of experience, backgrounds, perspectives and ideas can have on our culture and on the products we build. We’re an equal-opportunities employer, dedicated to fostering an environment where people can bring their whole personality to work; and where everyone can benefit from equal access to professional development.