Product Manager - Retail - Stockholm
Product – Stockholm
Product Manager - Retail - Stockholm
Started from the bottom now we’re here
The iZettle product team is world-renowned for impeccable products that are used and loved by hundreds of thousands of merchants. We live and breathe for our customers and - by always striving to improve usability, functionality and simplicity - we create the unequivocally best experience for small business merchants.
We now offer a seat at our table, a chance to impact the lives of many and democratize business tools for the ones who dare to challenge the now and embrace the future. This role will be the bet owner for a Retail initiative that is critical to the future of iZettle.
As a Product Manager working on retail, you will be a part of the product team in Merchant Sales that oversees all the key retention and engagement initiatives within our core product. In addition to the retail initiative, you will own a wider part of the user journey across tiers and segments. You will lead a cross functional team of engineers, designers and QA. And you will need to use your influence skills to impact the roadmap of other teams. The right candidates understand that such a challenging opportunity to make this kind of impact doesn’t come that often!
- Know your user: Understanding the desires of the iZettle users, build use cases around those desires and translate those use cases into product definitions and prioritised backlogs.
- Execute on strategy & tactics: Deep understanding of iZettle’s mission and strategies, manage product vision for the cross-functional team, set qualitative objectives and quantitative goals.
- Operative team leader: Lead cross-functional product teams hands-on and drive product development with a team of engineers, designers and potentially other stakeholders.
- Owning the backlog: Know the value and the order of the backlog - and handle stakeholders. Define, monitor and analyze metrics for existing and upcoming products and features - feed learnings back into product development process (with help of analytics). Adjust course based on qualitative and quantitative feedback.
- Owning the methods: Conceptualize test plans and communicate learnings back into product team. Integrate usability studies, design input, research and market analysis into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction
- Communication: Clearly communicate the product plans, objectives and performance measures and progress against plans to all stakeholders – tailoring communication as appropriate to ensure relevance to the audience.
- Internal Stakeholder management: Work closely with multiple groups across the organization to understand their needs. Collaborate cross functionally with other areas of the business.
- Partner management: Identify, evaluate and maintain relationships with relevant partners in your space. Maintain a strong point of view on what is best for the user and for iZettle.
- Feature lifecycles: Manage feature life cycle, whether decisions require reinvestment, transitioning to maintenance or feature retirement.
The skills that set you apart
- 4+ years product management experience developing consumer facing internet products or other relevant experience. Ideally, also experience with e-commerce, retail sector and/or fintech products.
- BA/BS degree in Psychology, Economics, Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Cares about the user and understands the role of UX and design in product success.
- Cares about agile software processes, data-driven development (hypothesis based on data and user interviews), and responsible experimentation.
- Excellent analytical skills with strong technical understanding and experience with metrics-driven work.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills; storytelling; ability to speak fluently to engineers, designers, business people and partners.
- Strong interpersonal skills and happy to work in a team environment.
Small minds never helped small businesses
It takes originality and an open mind to start a small business. That’s why small minds have no place in ours. At iZettle, we celebrate the individuality of the people we work with, valuing the impact that diverse experiences, backgrounds, perspectives and ideas can have on our culture and the products we build. We’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer, a place where everyone can benefit from equal access to professional development and bring their whole personality to work.
iZettle is on a mission to help small businesses succeed in a world of giants. Founded in Stockholm in 2010, we revolutionised mobile payments with the world’s first mini chip card reader and software for mobile devices. Today iZettle’s commerce platform for small businesses in Europe and Latin America provides tools to get paid, sell smarter and grow your business. We’re more than 500 employees of 45 different nationalities operating in 12 countries, and we’re recruiting the best and brightest from around the world to help us grow further.
Bring your talent to our attention
Go on, hit apply and say hello!