Product Manager - Retail
Product – Stockholm
The iZettle product team is world-renowned for impeccable products that are used and loved by hundreds of thousands of merchants. We live and breathe for our customers and - by always striving to improve usability, functionality and simplicity - we create the unequivocally best experience for small business merchants.
We now offer a seat at our table, a chance to impact the lives of many and democratize business tools for the ones who dare to challenge the now and embrace the future. This role will be the bet owner for a Retail initiative that is critical to the future of iZettle.
As a Product Manager working on retail, you will be a part of the product team in Merchant Sales that oversees all the key retention and engagement initiatives within our core product. In addition to the retail initiative, you will own a wider part of the user journey across tiers and segments. You will lead a cross functional team of engineers, designers and QA. And you will need to use your influence skills to impact the roadmap of other teams. The right candidates understand that such a challenging opportunity to make this kind of impact doesn’t come that often!
- Know your user: Understanding the desires of the iZettle users, build use cases around those desires and translate those use cases into product definitions and prioritised backlogs.
- Execute on strategy & tactics: Deep understanding of iZettle’s mission and strategies, manage product vision for the cross-functional team, set qualitative objectives and quantitative goals.
- Operative team leader: Lead cross-functional product teams hands-on and drive product development with a team of engineers, designers and potentially other stakeholders.
- Owning the backlog: Know the value and the order of the backlog - and handle stakeholders. Define, monitor and analyze metrics for existing and upcoming products and features - feed learnings back into product development process (with help of analytics). Adjust course based on qualitative and quantitative feedback.
- Owning the methods: Conceptualize test plans and communicate learnings back into product team. Integrate usability studies, design input, research and market analysis into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction
- Communication: Clearly communicate the product plans, objectives and performance measures and progress against plans to all stakeholders – tailoring communication as appropriate to ensure relevance to the audience.
- Internal Stakeholder management: Work closely with multiple groups across the organization to understand their needs. Collaborate cross functionally with other areas of the business.
- Partner management: Identify, evaluate and maintain relationships with relevant partners in your space. Maintain a strong point of view on what is best for the user and for iZettle.
- Feature lifecycles: Manage feature life cycle, whether decisions require reinvestment, transitioning to maintenance or feature retirement.
- 4+ years product management experience developing consumer facing internet products or other relevant experience. Ideally, also experience with e-commerce, retail sector and/or fintech products.
- BA/BS degree in Psychology, Economics, Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Cares about the user and understands the role of UX and design in product success.
- Cares about agile software processes, data-driven development (hypothesis based on data and user interviews), and responsible experimentation.
- Excellent analytical skills with strong technical understanding and experience with metrics-driven work.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills; storytelling; ability to speak fluently to engineers, designers, business people and partners.
- Strong interpersonal skills and happy to work in a team environment.
At iZettle, we celebrate and thrive off the individuality of everyone we work with. We value the impact that a diversity of experience, backgrounds, perspectives and ideas can have on our culture and on the products we build. We’re an equal-opportunities employer, dedicated to fostering an environment where people can bring their whole personality to work; and where everyone can benefit from equal access to professional development.
Brief about iZettle:
We started iZettle with a single mission: to empower small-business owners to sell smarter by offering them the tools typically reserved for bigger players. We are looking for the best and brightest to help us get it done. Our fast-growing start-up was founded in 2010 and currently has approximately 550 employees across its 12 operating countries, with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, London, Madrid, Mexico City, Sao Paulo, Edinburgh and Stockholm (HQ).