Communications specialist for Finland
Marketing – Stockholm
We started iZettle with a single mission: to empower small-business owners to sell smarter by offering them the tools typically reserved for bigger players. We are looking for the best and brightest to help us get it done. Our fast-growing startup was founded in 2010 and currently has approximately 550 employees across its 12 operating countries, with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, London, Madrid, Mexico City, São Paulo, Edinburgh and Stockholm (HQ).
The communications specialist (CS) is a creative and self-starting team player that will be part of the Localisation team. You will report to the localisation lead in Stockholm, but work remotely from Finland. You will also work closely with the content creators (Stockholm), the web marketing team (Edinburgh) and the SEO team (Stockholm).
This is a part-time job (approx. 15–20 hours per week), aiming to start ASAP.
As a CS, you will be the final step in the localisation process. You will translate (from English to Finnish) and proofread, as well as add that last local touch to the text. You will be working with content for web, apps, portal, newsletters, FAQs, social media and other kinds of marketing content. You will also have in-depth knowledge of the Finnish market and iZettle’s products and services in that market, through collaboration with local sales representatives.
You will be responsible for proactively creating content for our local social media page. Together with our content creators, you will also be responsible for identifying local trends and providing local insights. You will also make sure the local social media presence is aligned with our overall activities.
One part of your job as a CS is to edit the local web for your market. You will make sure that it is properly localised and SEO optimised by editing and creating digital content in our CMS. We’d also like you to be proactive in researching and coming up with ideas on how to make the website truly localised.
- Translate and proofread
- Fact check localised content to make sure it’s correct for your market
- Help manage the glossary for your language
- Create social content in alignment with the social strategy and keep the local social calendar updated
- Suggest possible opportunities derived from social trends and campaign learnings
- Create a positive relation to the brand by communicating with potential and existing users on our local social channel, and answer comments
- Identify and de-escalate negative feedback on our local social channel
- Write for and edit the web with an understanding of the special requirements of creating content for the web, such as the use of keywords, hyperlinks, navigation and the importance of brevity
- Experience from working in localisation and/or marketing
- Education within linguistics/marketing
- Communications skills and ability to write correctly and creatively in Finnish are impeccable
- Highly motivated and genuinely interested in communications and social media
- Experience in posting on social media business pages
- Reliable, proactive and open-minded
- Detail oriented
- In-depth knowledge of SEO
- Familiarity with content management systems
- Native Finnish speaker
- Excellent English skills
This is a part-time job, located in Finland. You will be working remotely, and the job will require travelling at certain occasions, mostly to the HQ in Stockholm.
Small minds never helped small businesses
It takes originality and an open mind to start a small business. That’s why small minds have no place in ours. At iZettle, we celebrate the individuality of the people we work with, valuing the impact that diverse experiences, backgrounds, perspectives and ideas can have on our culture and the products we build. We’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer, a place where everyone can benefit from equal access to professional development and bring their whole personality to work.
iZettle is on a mission to help small businesses succeed in a world of giants. Founded in Stockholm in 2010, we revolutionised mobile payments with the world’s first mini chip card reader and software for mobile devices. Today iZettle’s commerce platform for small businesses in Europe and Latin America provides tools to get paid, sell smarter and grow your business. We’re more than 500 employees of 45 different nationalities operating in 12 countries, and we’re recruiting the best and brightest from around the world to help us grow further.
Bring your talent to our attention
Go on, hit apply and say hello! Please submit your application in English as soon as possible.