We are looking for a senior Android software engineer to join our checkout team. You will be part of this cross-functional team and together we will enable merchants from all around the world to grow their businesses and succeed in a world of giants!
Every day, merchants around the world depend on iZettle to help them run their businesses. iZettle is aiming to be the one-stop-shop for small businesses, and our Point of Sale app with checkout as it’s the core. Checkout team is responsible for the flow when merchants are selling to a customer.
Go where the people speak your language
You'll be in close contact with the design in order to create a tailored user experience to our merchants, as well as backend developers, developing a robust end to end solution catered to our user's needs. It's important that you have an understanding of API design and how to consume them, but don't worry, the team will be there to help you out.
You'll have the ability to architect your components, at the same time as being able to consume global components from our library and tokens from our design system. You will be able to collaborate with other teams and Android developers across the whole Android chapter, by code reviews, bouncing ideas or mob programming (we're big fans!).
Your responsibilities will include
- Design, implement and maintain features with a high degree of autonomy
- Take an active part in system design
- Work on interesting problems together with talented peers in cross-functional agile teams
- Experiment and learn about design, technology and processes
- Support other (more junior) developers
- Ensure a high level of quality, usability and maintainability of the (reusable) components and code
We hire people. Not CVs.
- You have extensive Android development experience and have a deep knowledge of both Kotlin and Java
- You have extensive experience working with UI components and best practices for UI/UX on Android
- Interested in keeping up-up-date with the latest technological developments
- Comfortable working in an Agile environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
Nice to have
- You have designed and maintained libraries/APIs used by others
iZettle is on a mission to help small businesses succeed in a world of giants. Founded in Stockholm in 2010, we revolutionised mobile payments with the world’s first mini chip card reader and software for mobile devices. Today iZettle’s commerce platform for small businesses in Europe and Latin America provides tools to get paid, sell smarter and grow your business. We’re more than 500 employees of 45 different nationalities operating in 12 countries, and we’re recruiting the best and brightest from around the world to help us grow further.
Bring your talent to our attention
Go on, hit apply and say hello!