Fullstack Software Engineer (Junior - Mid Level)
Engineering & IT – Edinburgh
Software Engineer (Fullstack)
Engineering | Edinburgh
We're on the lookout for a Fullstack engineer to join our engineering team in Edinburgh. You'll be helping maintain our internal systems used by our sales and support team and also work closely with our BackEnd and FrontEnd teams, working on iZettle Pro for hospitality. You will receive a great deal of autonomy in your design decisions along with support from your colleagues, squad lead, tribe lead, and head of development
Today, we've got around 30 developers in Edinburgh, working on iZettle for Hospitality. We are creating new features and products which will keep pioneering the payment industry, and we need you to help us!
Go where people speak your language
We’re building a platform that enables our customers to leverage their data in a way that allows them to make the best possible decisions to grow their business as effectively as possible. We want to give the little guys the same insights only available to the big players. We find innovative ways to provide people with that information.
We release updates to our sites and services multiple times a month. By breaking up our domain in microservices, using the newest technologies, test, and properly design code we're not afraid to release new builds. We aim to release a new version of our core app at least every fortnight, and we have to support that.
Engineering with a capital E
We’re big on Engineering. If you can write clean and maintainable code, you’ll fit right in. We expect a full suite of tests with every pull request and expect everyone to be able to justify the design choices that they have made. We have a rota where one engineer a week takes the role of fixing time-dependent tasks. We work in short sprints, and we’re very Agile.
- PHP, Go, and a little bit of Python for our backend code.
- MySQL and PostgreSQL for our persistent data storage.
- Redis for caching.
- RabbitMQ, Amazon SQS for asynchronous processes.
- Docker, Kubernetes, and AWS for infrastructure
- GIT for version control
You should apply if:
- You love solving interesting problems!
- The idea of building products that thousands of businesses use and rely on every day seems like something you’d want to do.
- You’ve got a passion for new and interesting technologies and great engineering
- You love writing well tested, resilient, and performant code
- You’ve got experience writing code in a strongly typed language (Go, Java, C, C#, Swift)
- You’ve got an urge to find out why going Dutch might affect your Z and X reports
- Discussing complex technical problems with the team is something that you’re comfortable with
- You know your GETs from your POSTs and your PUTs from your PATCHes
Small minds never helped small businesses
It takes originality and an open mind to start a small business. That’s why small minds have no place in ours. At iZettle, we celebrate the individuality of the people we work with, valuing the impact that diverse experiences, backgrounds, perspectives and ideas can have on our culture and the products we build. We’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer, a place where everyone can benefit from equal access to professional development and bring their whole personality to work.
iZettle is on a mission to help small businesses succeed in a world of giants. Founded in Stockholm in 2010, we revolutionised mobile payments with the world’s first mini chip card reader and software for mobile devices. Today iZettle’s commerce platform for small businesses in Europe and Latin America provides tools to get paid, sell smarter and grow your business. We’re more than 500 employees of 45 different nationalities operating in 12 countries, and we’re recruiting the best and brightest from around the world to help us grow further.
Bring your talent to our attention.
Go on, hit apply and say hello!