Senior Data Scientist
Data & Analytics – Stockholm
We started iZettle with a single mission: to empower small-business owners to sell smarter by offering them the tools typically reserved for bigger players. We are looking for the best and brightest to help us get it done. Our fast-growing start-up was founded in 2010 and currently has approximately 550 employees across its 12 operating countries, with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, London, Madrid, Mexico City, Sao Paulo, Edinburgh and Stockholm (HQ).
We’re always looking for exceptional data scientists to help optimize our product offering, growth, and risk management. Now we're especially looking for those who have industry experience of using data science and machine learning to achieve measurable impact, for positions at our office in central Stockholm, Sweden.
iZettle has established relationships with numerous small business owners around the world, and we have collected a rich set of structured and unstructured data which our Data Science team mines to understand what characterizes a successful business. To wow our customers, and to be a reliable and inspiring partner that truly helps them grow, we leverage data and machine learning to build data products, giving them access to tools, services and insights that traditionally only large companies had access to. We also use the same techniques to optimize our own business and internal workflows.
The data scientist role at iZettle is a perfect match if you:
- enjoy defining and leading data projects: establish partnerships with stakeholders and product managers in the company to define goals and metrics, evaluate potential approaches, gather and analyze data, build and evaluate models, and communicate results and insights
- like working closely with product teams to ensure models work as expected in production
- are pragmatic and focused on the product goal, and you get excited about the end results, not just the techniques used to get there
- have built a few machine learning solutions in production, and feel you know exactly what to do to make it smooth and impactful
- are good at identifying what is worth spending time on, and what is good-enough
- enjoy staying on top of the latest in the field (you will get to study the latest relevant research papers, tools and products together with the team as part of your work)
- naturally evangelize data best practices and what is needed to make machine learning succeed
- 3+ years of industry experience developing machine learning models, from idea to business impact
- Advanced degree (M.S., PhD.) in science, computer science, statistics, economics, mathematics, or similar technical or quantitative discipline
- Deep understanding of modern machine learning techniques
- Strong programming skills: preferably Python (pandas, numpy, scikit-learn, TensorFlow, PyTorch, ...), with extra plus for R, Scala, Java
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Communicative and comfortable explaining complex results, models and methods to both technical and non-technical audiences
Extra plus for:
- Experience of frameworks such as Apache Spark, Apache Beam/Google DataFlow or Apache Flink
- Experience with designing and/or implementing ETL and data processing
We work exclusively in English, so Swedish language skills are not needed.
Sounds exciting? Please submit your CV and cover letter in English. We’re continuously hiring for this role, so don’t hesitate to apply!
At iZettle, we celebrate and thrive off the individuality of everyone we work with. We value the impact that a diversity of experience, backgrounds, perspectives and ideas can have on our culture and on the products we build. We’re an equal-opportunities employer, dedicated to fostering an environment where people can bring their whole personality to work; and where everyone can benefit from equal access to professional development.