Senior Data Scientist
Data & Analytics – Stockholm
We’re looking for an exceptional data scientists to help optimize our product offering, growth, and risk management. We're especially looking for you who have industry experience of using data science and machine learning to achieve measurable impact, for positions at our office in central Stockholm, Sweden.
Make sense of big data for small businesses
iZettle has established relationships with numerous small business owners around the world, and we have collected a rich set of structured and unstructured data which our Data Science team mines to understand what characterizes a successful business. To wow our customers, and to be a reliable and inspiring partner that truly helps them grow, we leverage data and machine learning to build data products, giving them access to tools, services and insights that traditionally only large companies had access to. We also use the same techniques to optimize our own business and internal workflows.
The data scientist role at iZettle is a perfect match if you:
- enjoy defining and leading data projects: establish partnerships with stakeholders and product managers in the company to define goals and metrics, evaluate potential approaches, gather and analyze data, build and evaluate models, and communicate results and insights
- like working closely with product teams to ensure models work as expected in production
- are pragmatic and focused on the product goal, and you get excited about the end results, not just the techniques used to get there
- have built a few machine learning solutions in production, and feel you know exactly what to do to make it smooth and impactful
- are good at identifying what is worth spending time on, and what is good-enough
- enjoy staying on top of the latest in the field (you will get to study the latest relevant research papers, tools and products together with the team as part of your work)
- naturally evangelize data best practices and what is needed to make machine learning succeed
We hire people. Not CVs.
- Managing all of the above takes strong problem solving and communication skills. We believe you have 3 or more years of industry experience developing machine learning models, from idea to business impact, ideally in a smaller, fast-paced company
- an advanced degree (M.S., PhD.) in computer science, statistics, mathematics, or similar technical or quantitative discipline
- deep understanding of modern machine learning techniques
- strong programming skills in Python (pandas, numpy, scikit-learn, TensorFlow, PyTorch, ...), with extra plus for R, Scala, etc.
- experience with relational databases and SQL
- great communication skills and that you're comfortable explaining complex results, models and methods to both technical and non-technical audiences
- We wold be impressed if you have experience of frameworks such as Apache Spark, Apache Beam/Google DataFlow or Apache Flink
- experience with designing and/or implementing ETL and data processing
We work exclusively in English, so Swedish language skills are not needed but of course very welcome.
Small minds never helped small businesses
It takes originality and an open mind to start a small business. That’s why small minds have no place in ours. At iZettle, we celebrate the individuality of the people we work with, valuing the impact that diverse experiences, backgrounds, perspectives and ideas can have on our culture and the products we build. We’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer, a place where everyone can benefit from equal access to professional development and bring their whole personality to work.
iZettle is on a mission to help small businesses succeed in a world of giants. Founded in Stockholm in 2010, we revolutionised mobile payments with the world’s first mini chip card reader and software for mobile devices. Today iZettle’s commerce platform for small businesses in Europe and Latin America provides tools to get paid, sell smarter and grow your business. We’re more than 500 employees of 45 different nationalities operating in 12 countries, and we’re recruiting the best and brightest from around the world to help us grow further.
Bring your talent to our attention.
Go on, hit apply and say hello!
Please submit your CV and cover letter in English. We’re continuously hiring for this role, so don’t hesitate to apply!