Go where art meets science
We are excited to be looking for a passionate and experienced design leader to join the iZettle Edinburgh team – our product domain dedicated to providing tools for the food and drink sector.
As Design Director, you will oversee the overall product design and user research as well as process, staffing and personal growth of the designers that you manage. You will also be contributing to the overall strategy of the products in your domain area alongside your Product and Tech counterparts.
We hire people not CVs
- You have lead teams to design and ship products that you are proud of, that have a proven purpose, need and impact.
- You have a portfolio of case studies that demonstrate your experience and impact.
- You are experienced in managing designers and supporting them in their personal and career development.
- You have a strong understanding of how to empower, coach, and guide your team to draw out their best work – translating big picture strategy into the details of everyday work.
- You bring with you an equally strong UX and visual design foundation
- You lead by example by maintaining a high bar for quality and customer driven experiences.
- You are a problem-solver with a solid understanding of metrics-driven design, and localisation.
- You are passionate about interpreting the needs of real people into successful product and organisational strategies
Small minds never helped small businesses
It takes originality and an open mind to start a small business. That’s why small minds have no place in ours. At iZettle, we celebrate the individuality of the people we work with, valuing the impact that diverse experiences, backgrounds, perspectives and ideas can have on our culture and the products we build. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer, a place where everyone can benefit from equal access to professional development and bring their whole personality to work.
We are iZettle.
iZettle is on a mission to help small businesses succeed in a world of giants. Founded in Stockholm in 2010, we revolutionised mobile payments with the world’s first mini chip card reader and software for mobile devices. Today iZettle’s commerce platform for small businesses in Europe and Latin America provides tools to get paid, sell smarter and grow your business. We are more than 900 employees of 45 different nationalities operating in 12 countries, and we’re recruiting the best and brightest from around the world to help us grow further. In 2018 we joined forces with PayPal, helping millions of small businesses across the world.
Bring your talent to our attention.
Go on, hit apply and say hello!