Full Stack Engineer
Engineering | Edinburgh
Go where people speak your language
We're looking for an enthusiastic Full Stacks to join our team in Edinburgh. We're growing, so you'll have plenty of opportunities to make a real and lasting impact on the future of iZettle Pro. You'll work in small, cross-functional teams, collaborating with other areas of the business, with real ownership of the systems that you produce. We really encourage personal development, learning new things and sharing knowledge with your peers.
Our Backend stack
- Go as a primary language for our microservices
- PostgreSQL for persistence
- Redis for in-memory caching
- AmazonSQS and AmazonSNS for asynchronous services.
- Docker and Kubernetes, all on AWS
Our Frontend Stack
- Typescript is our primary language
- Angular is the framework for our main single page app
- We use Redux for state management
- Web components are used as shared building blocks for our web apps
We hire people. Not CVs.
- Do you love solving interesting problems?
- Building products that thousands of businesses use and rely on every day seems like something you’d want to do?
- You’ve got a passion for new and exciting technologies?
- Do you love writing well tested, resilient, and performant code?
- You’ve got experience writing code in a strongly typed language (Go, Java, C, C#, Swift)?
- Do you know your GETs from your POSTs and your PUTs from your PATCHes?
iZettle is on a mission to help small businesses succeed in a world of giants. Founded in Stockholm in 2010, we revolutionised mobile payments with the world’s first mini chip card reader and software for mobile devices. Today iZettle’s commerce platform for small businesses in Europe and Latin America provides tools to get paid, sell smarter and grow your business. We’re more than 500 employees of 45 different nationalities operating in 12 countries, and we’re recruiting the best and brightest from around the world to help us grow further.
Small minds never helped small businesses
It takes originality and an open mind to start a small business. That’s why small minds have no place in ours. At iZettle, we celebrate the individuality of the people we work with, valuing the impact that diverse experiences, backgrounds, perspectives and ideas can have on our culture and the products we build. We’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer, a place where everyone can benefit from equal access to professional development and bring their whole personality to work
Bring your talent to our attention.
Go on, hit apply and say hello!