Technical Product Manager - Stockholm
We are looking for Technical Product Managers for platform teams in our foundation areas, with the mission to give iZettle’s engineering teams (as well as other teams) superpowers to help our merchants.
The success of our merchants is iZettle’s mission. The foundation teams own products that are at the core of our systems and platforms.
These teams have their primary focus on providing the core products, platforms and tools that make our customers (other iZettle product teams and internal stakeholders) efficient and reliable in their work.
As Technical Product Manager you will own the roadmap and related internal stakeholder dialog for a platform team and their products. You need to be a leader and a coach - inspiring, coordinative, structured and catalysing. At all times understanding and representing both your engineering team and your stakeholders - driving the dialog on prioritisation, creating clarity and enabling efficient decision making is key.
You will have to use your influencer and gatekeeper skills to make sure we as a team do the right things. Empower the platform users while managing expectations and working to align roadmaps.
We are recruiting for several positions. Platforms that need Technical Product Managers exist through many layers of the solutions and stack; compliance, information, infrastructure, money, ledger, backend, web, design etc.
- Know your users: Understand the internal iZettle users and platform stakeholders. Understand our merchant customers. Work to understand individual needs of teams and users within iZettle and what makes us successful together. Build use cases around those needs and desires. Translate into product definitions and prioritised high-level components for our roadmaps. Own the roadmaps and the stakeholder dialog about vision, direction and strategy. Help ensure the team’s sprints and backlogs are correctly managed and prioritised.
- Communication: You own the definition, boundary and plan for your product. You need to bridge any gaps between experts in the platform teams and stakeholders. This is primarily other product owners, platform users and other iZettle leaders.
- Vision, strategy and prioritization: We need iZettle to be as efficient and innovative as possible. High quality, constantly improving and compliant platforms helps enable that. You need to know “what is important” and contribute to making the right high-level choices. You should have skills and experience to quickly establish your own idea of what is important.
- Grow yourself and the team: You should have the self-confidence and insight to know that you are not always right and that things change. This job is an ever ongoing journey of dialog, discovery and learning with technical experts and other stakeholders.
- Partner management: Identify, evaluate and maintain relationships with relevant partners in your space. Maintain a strong point of view on what is best for the users and for iZettle.
- Feature lifecycles: Manage feature life cycle, whether decisions require reinvestment, transitioning to maintenance or feature retirement.
The skills that set you apart
- Rock solid experience from development of distributed IT-solutions including product and project management experience.
- Master degree in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Systems thinking, you should care for exploring and clarifying how things work - both in our systems and in our organisation.
- Experience with high-speed product and platform development in a growing organisation.
- Cares about agile software processes, data-driven development (hypothesis based on data and user interviews), and responsible experimentation.
- Excellent analytical skills with strong technical understanding and experience with metrics-driven work.
- Exceptional communication (spoken/written English) and presentation skills. Ability to speak fluently to engineers, UX designers, business people and partners.
- Strong interpersonal skills and happy to work in a team environment.
Small minds never helped small businesses
It takes originality and an open mind to start a small business. That’s why small minds have no place in ours. At iZettle, we celebrate the individuality of the people we work with, valuing the impact that diverse experiences, backgrounds, perspectives and ideas can have on our culture and the products we build. We’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer, a place where everyone can benefit from equal access to professional development and bring their whole personality to work.
iZettle is on a mission to help small businesses succeed in a world of giants. Founded in Stockholm in 2010, we revolutionised mobile payments with the world’s first mini chip card reader and software for mobile devices. Today iZettle’s commerce platform for small businesses in Europe and Latin America provides tools to get paid, sell smarter and grow your business. We’re more than 500 employees of 45 different nationalities operating in 12 countries, and we’re recruiting the best and brightest from around the world to help us grow further.
Bring your talent to our attention
Go on, hit apply and say hello!