Engineering & IT| Edinburgh
iZettle is one of the fastest growing tech companies in Europe and our tech Department, which represents the backbone of the company, is growing quickly! Due to growth, we’re looking to add another Scrum Master to our team. We’re on the lookout for someone who can help us evolve and inspire our cross-functional development teams. We want you to be able to take our team from good to great to awesome!
Go where the people speak your language
As an Agile Team Coach/ Scrum Master at iZettle you’ll be improving team and cross-team collaboration. We’ll look to you to proactively drive continuous improvements and challenge the team’s current way of working, encouraging experimentation and crafting a high focus.
Our Edinburgh Tech Department is organised into Feature Teams with competency areas called chapters supporting the technical Discussions: iOS, Web, Backend, QA, Coaches and DevOps.
Some examples of what you will do:
- Coach the team together with the Product Owner across all Lean & Agile values and principles.
- Run workshops, retrospectives and attend team stand-ups.
- Continuously improve each and every team delivery.
- Visualize team capacity, progress and team’s current lead times in an easy-to-digest way.
- Continuously challenge the team in status-quo.
- Fast and efficiently remove team impediments, and hopefully even before they become blockers.
We hire people. Not CVs.
Managing all of the above takes exceptional communication, motivational and empathy skills. You’ll need to have a deep toolbox to come up with multiple solutions if plans A, B and C don’t work. You’ll be able to manage the differing perspectives amongst the team from tech, product and design, and be able to balance Greenfield development vs maintenance of existing features.
We want someone who has:
- An ability to motivate others.
- Understand the Whys of Agile.
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Know and easily explain the difference between Kanban and Scrum
- A very strong adaptation skills to coaching style depending on your team’s maturity and need.
- An intuition and a genuine passion for helping teams and individuals to grow.
- Has a clear focus on continual improvement
Your responsibilities and previous experience:
- Coach the team together with the Product Owner in both Lean & Agile values and principles.
- Proven ability to continuously improve each and every team.
- Able to visualize team capacity, progress and team’s current lead times in an easy-to-digest way.
- Continuously help the team improve on team and cross-team collaboration.
- Continuously challenge the team to innovate and improve.
- Fast and efficiently remove team impediments.
We think you:
- Have a couple of years of hands-on experience working as an Agile Team Coach or Scrum Master.
- Have a huge passion for lean and agile ways of working on a practical level.
- Are a very pragmatic person with a strong drive of moving forward and making things happen.
- Possess strong social skills.
- Are unafraid to challenge, raise issues and drive changes within and outside of the team.
There is a preference for you being a:
- A certified Scrum Master.
Small minds never helped small businesses
It takes originality and an open mind to start a small business. That’s why small minds have no place in ours. At iZettle, we celebrate the individuality of the people we work with, valuing the impact that diverse experiences, backgrounds, perspectives and ideas can have on our culture and the products we build. We’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer, a place where everyone can benefit from equal access to professional development and bring their whole personality to work.
iZettle is on a mission to help small businesses succeed in a world of giants. Founded in Stockholm in 2010, we revolutionised mobile payments with the world’s first mini chip card reader and software for mobile devices. Today iZettle’s commerce platform for small businesses in Europe and Latin America provides tools to get paid, sell smarter and grow your business. We’re more than 500 employees of 45 different nationalities operating in 12 countries, and we’re recruiting the best and brightest from around the world to help us grow further.
Bring your talent to our attention.
Go on, hit apply and say hello!