iZettle is on a mission to help small business compete with the giants. We provide payment services with card readers, online shops, invoices as well as analysis tools, business loans and much more!
Since we are handling money, we also need to keep an eye out for bad actors. The Risk teams at iZettle are preventing terror financing, fraud and money laundering. Because of the large scale of transactions, merchants, customers and money, this risk management needs to be automated.
That is where Risk Engineering comes in. We build and maintain services that assess risk when we onboard merchants, when they take business loans, as well as in the daily use of our products.
We are currently a team of eight engineers and one engineering manager located in Stockholm, Sweden. As iZettle is rapidly growing, we would love to add another engineer. Maybe ... that’s you?
Go where the people speak your language
As a Backend Engineer in our Risk Engineering team, you will be working in an autonomous team, using agile methodology. You will be also contributing to improving teamwork on a personal- , team- and organisational level. Your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate closely with product- and machine learning teams as well as various stakeholders
- Design, develop, and maintain microservices and systems
- Bring services from source code to production
The skills you need to succeed
As we believe in using the best tools for the task at hand, we are continuously reviewing our tools, architecture and ways of working, and we’re open to exploring new tools and frameworks. Today we work with Java, Python, Dropwizard, Docker, Terraform and PostgreSQL. Everything is hosted on Amazon Web Services.
Besides knowing a few of these tools, you:
- Know how to move technical discussions and solutions forward
- Have proven experience in building and running complex systems
- Know how to operate systems in production and mitigate live issues
- Have a real passion for working together and solving complex problems in a group
It doesn’t matter how or where you learned these skills, whether at school, at home, or on-the-job.
Why Risk Engineering?
If the below resonates with you, then we’d like to hear from you:
- You have a passion for automating things. We try to remove as much manual work as possible from our processes to ensure smooth and effective risk management.
- You like taking charge of your work. We are free to solve problems in whatever way we find most effective. That includes which tools and frameworks we use, where we want to work, and how to balance quality and feature work.
- You have a life outside of work. We love developing stuff in our team, but we also love spending time on things that matter - from family to great food to high-quality memes.
- You like having fun. We laugh a lot and keep a positive attitude even when we have tricky problems to solve.
Small minds never helped small businesses
It takes originality and an open mind to start a small business. That’s why small minds have no place in ours. At iZettle, we celebrate the individuality of the people we work with, valuing the impact that diverse experiences, backgrounds, perspectives and ideas can have on our culture and the products we build. We’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer, a place where everyone can benefit from equal access to professional development and bring their whole personality to work.
iZettle is on a mission to help small businesses succeed in a world of giants. Founded in Stockholm in 2010, we revolutionised mobile payments with the world’s first mini chip card reader and software for mobile devices. Today iZettle’s commerce platform for small businesses in Europe and Latin America provides tools to get paid, sell smarter and grow your business. We’re more than 600 employees of 45 different nationalities operating in 12 countries, and we’re recruiting the best and brightest from around the world to help us grow further.