Product | Edinburgh
The iZettle product team is world-renowned for products that are used and loved by hundreds of thousands of merchants. We live and breathe for our customers and - by always striving to improve usability, functionality and simplicity - we create the best experience for small business merchants.
We now offer a chance to impact the lives of many and democratise business tools for the ones who dare to challenge the now and embrace the future. This role is a Product Manager within the Merchant Sales (Edinburgh) team.
Started from the bottom now we’re here
As a Product Manager working on food and drink, you will be a part of the product team that oversees all the key retention and engagement initiatives within our Pro for Hospitality product.
You will work within a cross functional team of engineers, designers and QA. The right candidates understand that such a challenging opportunity to make this kind of impact doesn’t come that often!
- Know your user: Understanding the desires of the iZettle users, build use cases around those desires and translate those use cases into product definitions and prioritised backlogs.
- Work within cross-functional product teams hands-on and drive product development with a team of engineers, designers and potentially other stakeholders.
- Owning the backlog: Know the value and the order of the backlog - and handle stakeholders. Define, monitor and analyse metrics for existing and upcoming products and features - feed learnings back into product development process. Adjust course based on qualitative and quantitative feedback.
- Communication: Clearly communicate the product plans, objectives and performance measures and progress against plans to all stakeholders – tailoring communication as appropriate to ensure relevance to the audience.
- Internal Stakeholder management: Work closely with multiple groups across the organisation to understand their needs. Collaborate cross functionally with other areas of the business.
We hire people. Not CVs.
- Previous product management experience developing consumer facing internet products or other relevant experience. Ideally, also experience with POS, food and drink sector and/or fintech products.
- Cares about the user and understands the role of UX and design in product success.
- Cares about agile software processes, data-driven development (hypothesis based on data and user interviews), and responsible experimentation.
- Excellent analytical skills with strong technical understanding and experience with metrics-driven work.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills; storytelling; ability to speak fluently to engineers, designers, business people and partners.
- Strong interpersonal skills and happy to work in a team environment.
Small minds never helped small businesses
It takes originality and an open mind to start a small business. That’s why small minds have no place in ours. At iZettle, we celebrate the individuality of the people we work with, valuing the impact that diverse experiences, backgrounds, perspectives and ideas can have on our culture and the products we build. We’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer, a place where everyone can benefit from equal access to professional development and bring their whole personality to work.
iZettle is on a mission to help small businesses succeed in a world of giants. Founded in Stockholm in 2010, we revolutionised mobile payments with the world’s first mini chip card reader and software for mobile devices. Today iZettle’s commerce platform for small businesses in Europe and Latin America provides tools to get paid, sell smarter and grow your business. We’re more than 600 employees of 45 different nationalities operating in 12 countries, and we’re recruiting the best and brightest from around the world to help us grow further.
Bring your talent to our attention.
Go on, hit apply and say hello!