Technical Product Manager - Mobile Apps Platform
We are looking for a Technical Product Manager to join our Apps Platform team.
This role will own the release schedule, roadmap and related internal stakeholder dialog. Your primary focus will be on our iZettle Go product mobile apps, both for iOS and Android.
You will be working with platform teams in our Client Foundation area that owns development and maintenance of our apps platform. You will have a coordinative and catalysing role representing the engineering team - driving dialog on prioritisation, creating clarity and enabling efficient decision making is key. You will have to use your influencer and gatekeeper skills to make sure we as a team do the right things. Empower the platform users while managing expectations and working to align roadmaps. The right candidates understand that this challenging opportunity to make great impact doesn’t come often!
Every day merchants around the world depend on iZettle to help them run their businesses. iZettle is aiming to be the one stop shop for small businesses, and our Point of Sale apps are at the core.
- Know your users: Understand the users of the apps and the internal users and stakeholders of the platform. Build use cases around those desires. Translate into product definitions and prioritised high-level components for our roadmaps. Own the roadmaps and the stakeholder dialog about vision, direction and strategy. Help ensure the team’s sprints and backlogs are correctly managed and prioritised.
- Communication: You own the definition, boundary and plan for our mobile apps. You need to bridge any gaps between experts in the platform teams and stakeholders. This is primarily other product owners, platform users and line management.
- Vision, strategy and prioritization: We need iZettle to be as efficient and innovative as possible. High quality, constantly improving and compliant platforms helps enable that. You need to know “what is important” and contribute to making the right high-level choices. You should have skills and experience to quickly establish your own idea of what is important. You should have the self-confidence and insight to know that you are not always right and that things change. This job is an ever ongoing journey of dialog, discovery and learning with technical experts and other stakeholders.
- Partner management: Identify, evaluate and maintain relationships with relevant partners in your space. Maintain a strong point of view on what is best for the users and for iZettle.
- Feature lifecycles: Manage feature life cycle, whether decisions require reinvestment, transitioning to maintenance or feature retirement.
The skills that set you apart
- Rock solid experience from development of distributed IT-solutions including product and project management experience.
- Master degree in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Cares about agile software processes, data-driven development (hypothesis based on data and user interviews), and responsible experimentation.
- Experience with managing iOS and Android apps, release and test planning and related relationship with Apple and Google.
- Excellent analytical skills with strong technical understanding and experience with metrics-driven work.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills. Ability to speak fluently to engineers, UX designers, business people and partners.
- Strong interpersonal skills and happy to work in a team environment.
Small minds never helped small businesses
It takes originality and an open mind to start a small business. That’s why small minds have no place in ours. At iZettle, we celebrate the individuality of the people we work with, valuing the impact that diverse experiences, backgrounds, perspectives and ideas can have on our culture and the products we build. We’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer, a place where everyone can benefit from equal access to professional development and bring their whole personality to work.
iZettle is on a mission to help small businesses succeed in a world of giants. Founded in Stockholm in 2010, we revolutionised mobile payments with the world’s first mini chip card reader and software for mobile devices. Today iZettle’s commerce platform for small businesses in Europe and Latin America provides tools to get paid, sell smarter and grow your business. We’re more than 500 employees of 45 different nationalities operating in 12 countries, and we’re recruiting the best and brightest from around the world to help us grow further.
Bring your talent to our attention
Go on, hit apply and say hello!