Android Developer HW
Engineering & IT – Stockholm
We are looking for an Android Developer to join our Tech Department. You will be part of the newly formed Hardware team, where together with other talented engineers, designers and partners will shape, design and build the next generation iZettle in-store hardware.
iZettle is a one-stop-shop to help small business run their business, where a capable, user friendly and appealing hardware is an important part of it. We're dedicated to deliver a product that our users can rely on and love to use.
Go where the people speak your language
You will have the opportunity to contribute on building the future of the iZettle in-store ecosystem. Including point-of-sale systems, card readers, and other HW peripherals.
- Be part of discovering new smart hardware that would help our customers run their business.
- Develop and integrate new components to the hardware ecosystem.
- You will be adopting new technologies and tools to continuously improve our Android codebase.
- Discuss technical solutions with the rest of your team, and at the end of the day we'll build and ship amazing hardware and software to our users.
The skills you need to succeed
- 2+ years of Android development.
- You have been part of a project where you had to interact with external hardware from the mobile app.
- You should have a particular interest for Hardware… even if done as in your spare time. You like playing around with hardware modules, and connect it to the app via bluetooth, wifi, and create fun products and experiences.
- A deep understanding of modern Android development and experience with Android development tools.
- Knowledge on how to write readable, maintainable, performant object-oriented Java or Kotlin.
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high-quality code.
- You enjoy a dynamic, collaborative environment and prefer to create great products together with your team.
- You have released at least one app or have a side project that you can tell us about.
Nice to have
- You have worked with embedded systems.
- It would be a plus if you have worked with Android Things.
Small minds never helped small businesses
It takes originality and an open mind to start a small business. That’s why small minds have no place in ours. At iZettle, we celebrate the individuality of the people we work with, valuing the impact that diverse experiences, backgrounds, perspectives and ideas can have on our culture and the products we build. We’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer, a place where everyone can benefit from equal access to professional development and bring their whole personality to work.
iZettle is on a mission to help small businesses succeed in a world of giants. Founded in Stockholm in 2010, we revolutionised mobile payments with the world’s first mini chip card reader and software for mobile devices. Today iZettle’s commerce platform for small businesses in Europe and Latin America provides tools to get paid, sell smarter and grow your business. We’re more than 500 employees of 45 different nationalities operating in 12 countries, and we’re recruiting the best and brightest from around the world to help us grow further.
Bring your talent to our attention
Go on, hit apply and say hello!