Business Development Representative – Outbound | Sales | Edinburgh
As a Business Development Representative Outbound, your role is to lay the foundation for sales by engaging with prospects and customers, helping them understand the value of iZettle, and moving them forward in the sales process. As iZettle’s first point of contact, you play a key role in building the brand, creating a great first impression, and building momentum for not only the sales team but the company as a whole.
We’re a big deal for small businesses
We strongly believe in the overall growth and continued development of each new hire. In joining the Sales Development team at iZettle, you join a community that believes in development and promotion from within. We're looking for people who are excited to work in a fast-moving company, make an impact, and rapidly develop their career in sales.
What will you be doing?
- Generating new business pipeline for Account Executives through outbound initiatives and working alongside demand generation teams to capitalise on interest
- Providing a great experience for iZettle’s prospective customers
- Engaging with potential and current customers to assess mutual fit
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of our product and its value to customers
- Demonstrating an ability to attract new customers
- Working with other functions to improve business processes
- Engaging in team development and mentoring
We hire people. Not CVs.
You are professional, organised and motivated as well as having the drive to succeed in a fast-paced environment. We’re also looking for:
- Experience within Sales and/or SaaS company is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Exceptional listening skills combined with the ability to synthesise information
- Strong organisation and time management
- Intellectual curiosity and problem solving
- Collaborative and coachable
- Highly motivated and self-driven
Small minds never helped small businesses
It takes originality and an open mind to start a small business. That’s why small minds have no place in ours. At iZettle, we celebrate the individuality of the people we work with, valuing the impact that diverse experiences, backgrounds, perspectives and ideas can have on our culture and the products we build. We’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer, a place where everyone can benefit from equal access to professional development and bring their whole personality to work.
iZettle is on a mission to help small businesses succeed in a world of giants. Founded in Stockholm in 2010, we revolutionised mobile payments with the world’s first mini chip card reader and software for mobile devices. Today iZettle’s commerce platform for small businesses in Europe and Latin America provides tools to get paid, sell smarter and grow your business. We’re more than 500 employees of 45 different nationalities operating in 12 countries, and we’re recruiting the best and brightest from around the world to help us grow further.
Bring your talent to our attention.