Engineering & IT - Stockholm
As iZettle is growing rapidly, so is our Tech department. We are now looking to strengthen our team of Tech Managers. If you are in aspirational leader and interested shaping the vision and strategy of Tech going forward as well as building your leadership skills with hands-on experience from operational people leadership than this might be the next step for you.
Our Tech function is organised into a number of areas, some focusing on external product areas and some units with internal client facing focus. We are now looking to strengthen our area focusing on Platform and Infrastructure with another Tech Manager. As Tech Manager you will have the people responsibility of employees in your area and will lead people within several different competence areas - what we call chapters: Backend, DevOps, Agile and Data Engineering. As a Tech Manager you will be a member of the Tech Management Group and report directly to our CTO.
As Tech Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Developing, training and nurturing the employees in your area.
- Closely working together with the fellow leads in Product and Design (where applicable) to set vision and direction for the Product Area.
- Together with the fellow leads in Product & Design, drive the area way of working across the teams, encourage improvements and remove impediments the teams cannot resolve themselves.
- Setting vision and direction for the Tech organization and proactively driving cross-area/department improvements together with your peer Tech Managers.
- Planning, executing and following-up on the vision, budget and delivery for the area.
- Ensuring a sound staffing-plan for the area, and executing against that.
- Ensuring software development is compliant according to law and regulations.
- Creating an environment where teams can perform and have the necessary skills and mandate to work in a self-organized way.
Required background and personal traits we’d like to see
- You have skills and extensive experience in software engineering.
- You are an aspirational leader, with some experience from formal or informal leadership, but foremost a will to develop towards leadership.
- You are a cultural role model and are comfortable challenging the status quo.
- A visionary communicator that is frequently visible and present within Tech.
- Ability to zoom in (detail-oriented) and zoom out (overview) when needed.
- Business-driven mindset.
- Proactive Improvement-driven and hands-on.
Small minds never helped small businesses
It takes originality and an open mind to start a small business. That’s why small minds have no place in ours. At iZettle, we celebrate the individuality of the people we work with, valuing the impact that diverse experiences, backgrounds, perspectives and ideas can have on our culture and the products we build. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, a place where everyone can benefit from equal access to professional development and bring their whole personality to work.
iZettle is on a mission to help small businesses succeed in a world of giants. Founded in Stockholm in 2010, we revolutionised mobile payments with the world’s first mini chip card reader and software for mobile devices. Today iZettle’s commerce platform for small businesses in Europe and Latin America provides tools to get paid, sell smarter and grow your business. We’re more than 500 employees of 45 different nationalities operating in 12 countries, and we’re looking fro talent from around the world to help us grow further.
Interested? Apply today!