Office Operations Manager
Business Support – Edinburgh
Office Operations Manager
We’re looking for someone who is not only a star at managing office operations but is also a key player in creating a great working culture. So, you will be no ordinary office manager but in return, you’ll have a career with a hugely successful business, a fantastic office near the iconic Edinburgh Castle and Grassmarket, amazing colleagues, a Friday afternoon beer/wine and some office dogs for company. We are proud of our culture and we think you will love it too.
We hire people. Not CVs.
Given our size and growth, we really need an experienced person who knows the ropes and can hit the ground running. Reporting to our General Manager, this varied role includes:
- Ensuring our office looks great and has a positive vibe for our employees and visitors
- Leading company culture/social activities, aligning the events calendar with HQ in Stockholm, localising events to Edinburgh, and ensuring our monthly Fun Fund is well spent
- Maintaining a programme of activities to raise our profile in the local community (organising/attending relevant meetups), network with other companies for joint activities
- Supervising an assistant
- Providing some support to HR and ensuring onboarding of new employees is done in an effective and welcoming way. This includes workstation setup
- Implementing strategies & policies as decided by senior management
- Ensuring effective office processes, including health and safety, insurances etc, are in place
- Collaborating with our London Office Manager and our IT and Global Workspace Services teams to ensure office needs and corporate standards are being met
- Effectively managing relationships and contracts with service vendors/ landlords, and in conjunction with the Director of Global Workplace Services, negotiating office leases
- Supporting managers with travel and any other required admin to make their lives a bit easier
- Managing the office budget and ensuring office supplies are readily available
- Providing reports to senior management as required
- Providing admin support to the iPOS Board which meets quarterly
- Update our internal Wiki with office/facilities related information
- Ad hoc projects, as required
The skills/attributes you need to succeed
- Experienced in an office manager/co-ordinator or equivalent service role
- Highly service minded, with a pleasant, easy to work with, personality
- Strong negotiator
- A self-starter who is capable of working independently but also a team player
- Brilliant organisational and IT skills
- Enquiring mind and enjoys discovering and learning
- Excellent English, both written and spoken
- Enjoys a collaborative, fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment
- Taking responsibility, proactively solving problems and getting things done quickly
- Happy to work flexibly (eg host occasional evening events) and occasionally travel
- A sense of humour!
Skills that set you apart
- Experience of supervising
- Experience of HR admin
- Experience with Macs and G-Suite
- Project management skills
Small minds never helped small businesses
It takes originality and an open mind to start a small business. That’s why small minds have no place in ours. At iZettle, we celebrate the individuality of the people we work with, valuing the impact that diverse experiences, backgrounds, perspectives and ideas can have on our culture and the products we build. We’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer, a place where everyone can benefit from equal access to professional development and bring their whole personality to work.
iZettle is on a mission to help small businesses succeed in a world of giants. Founded in Stockholm in 2010, and now part of the PayPal Family, we revolutionised mobile payments with the world’s first mini chip card reader and software for mobile devices. Today iZettle’s commerce platform for small businesses in Europe and Latin America provides tools to get paid, sell smarter and grow your business. We’re more than 500 employees of 45 different nationalities operating in 12 countries, and we’re recruiting the best and brightest from around the world to help us grow further.
Bring your talent to our attention.
Go on, hit apply and say hello!