Business Development Manager
Sales – Berlin
Business Development Manager | Sales | Berlin - Cologne - Hamburg - Munich
We’re looking for a Business Development Manager to join the iZettle team in Germany. You will play an essential part in the growth of the country by developing a specific segment within our market, identifying influencers, attending events and acquiring flagship accounts as well as managing and developing existing relationships with large customers.
We started iZettle with a single mission: to empower small-business owners to sell smarter by offering them the tools typically reserved for bigger players. We have come a long way, but there is so much exciting work ahead of us. And we need the best and brightest to help us get it done, especially in our rapidly expanding German market.
We’re a big deal for small businesses
Your challenge, further developing the German retail market by
- Flagship account acquisition: End to end responsibility of the sales cycle, including identifying potential key accounts, meetings, and guiding them in the sign-up process.
- Business development: Develop local partnerships with associations, events and other businesses that can compliment our product in order to acquire new merchants.
- Stakeholder for your segment: Work together with our marketing, sales and other internal departments to grow your segment - develop relevant content, set up campaigns and workshops and provide feedback to the rest of the organization to maximise the efforts on your segment.
We hire people. Not CVs.
Managing all of the above takes strong written communications skill as well as a passion for service. You’ll need to be fluent in German and English, if you know more languages it is a big plus. As you can tell from the list below there are several things that are beneficial but we do hire people and not CVs so being the right person is what matters the most.
- 2-3 years of (indirect) sales or business development experience
- High degree of initiative and self-direction
- B2B relationship building skills
- Fluency in both German and English
- Ability to identify influencers within a city or industry
- Ability to identify strategic customers and win them for our product
- Ability to thrive in a competitive and fast-moving environment
- Can-do and highly energising attitude
The skills that set you apart
- Experience in FinTech
- Experience in the retail and ecommerce sector
- Strong affinity with technology
- Strong understanding of German distributor networks
- Existing network connections
Small minds never helped small businesses
It takes originality and an open mind to start a small business. That’s why small minds have no place in ours. At iZettle, we celebrate the individuality of the people we work with, valuing the impact that diverse experiences, backgrounds, perspectives and ideas can have on our culture and the products we build. We’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer, a place where everyone can benefit from equal access to professional development and bring their whole personality to work.
iZettle is on a mission to help small businesses succeed in a world of giants. Founded in Stockholm in 2010, we revolutionised mobile payments with the world’s first mini chip card reader and software for mobile devices. Today iZettle’s commerce platform for small businesses in Europe and Latin America provides tools to get paid, sell smarter and grow your business. We’re more than 500 employees of 45 different nationalities operating in 12 countries, and we’re recruiting the best and brightest from around the world to help us grow further.
Bring your talent to our attention.
Go on, hit apply and say hello!