Software Engineer - Web
Engineering & IT – Edinburgh
Software Engineer - Web
Engineering | Edinburgh
Go where people speak your language
We're looking for an enthusiastic Software Engineer - Web to join our team in Edinburgh. We're growing, so you'll have plenty of opportunities to make a real and lasting impact on the future of iZettle Pro. You'll work in small, product-based teams, with autonomy and real ownership of the systems that you produce. We hire people not degrees, as long as you’ve got a working understanding of the fundamentals, then you’ll get on fine!
We move fast, and release updates to our backend services continuously, with releases to our core web app and POS iPad app on a fortnightly basis. Testing is key to this, you should be confident that your code works, pushing a new build to production shouldn't be something that you're afraid of.
Engineering with a capital E
Engineering is important. If you can write clean, tested, and maintainable code, you’ll fit right in. We put a high value on personal development, you should feel comfortable with learning new things, and sharing knowledge with your peers.
Our frontend stack
- Latest version of Angular
- HTML Web Components
- CSS3 / SCSS
You should apply if
- You love solving interesting problems!
- The idea of building products that thousands of businesses use and rely on every day seems like something you’d want to do
- You’ve got a passion for new and exciting technologies and great engineering
- You have or want to get experience in building web applications
- You love writing well tested, resilient, and performant code
- You’ve got an urge to find out why going Dutch might affect your Z and X reports
- Build shiny components with the help of our UX designers
- Discussing complex technical problems with the team is something that you’re comfortable with
- You know your GETs from your POSTs and your PUTs from your PATCHes
iZettle is on a mission to help small businesses succeed in a world of giants. Founded in Stockholm in 2010, we revolutionised mobile payments with the world’s first mini chip card reader and software for mobile devices. Today iZettle’s commerce platform for small businesses in Europe and Latin America provides tools to get paid, sell smarter and grow your business. We’re more than 500 employees of 45 different nationalities operating in 12 countries, and we’re recruiting the best and brightest from around the world to help us grow further.
Small minds never helped small businesses
It takes originality and an open mind to start a small business. That’s why small minds have no place in ours. At iZettle, we celebrate the individuality of the people we work with, valuing the impact that diverse experiences, backgrounds, perspectives and ideas can have on our culture and the products we build. We’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer, a place where everyone can benefit from equal access to professional development and bring their whole personality to work
Bring your talent to our attention.
Go on, hit apply and say hello!