Applications Manager for Engineering Applications
Engineering & IT – Stockholm
Are you driven by enabling and supporting the business via effective, valuable and smart systems? Do you want to be a part of an exciting journey, building a new area within application management? Then this might be the your next career step!
As an Application Manager for Engineering Applications, you are responsible for improving engineering processes and supporting critical development pipelines and tools by managing improvement, implementation and maintenance of the applications used by our engineers.
You will be crucial in supporting and improving our business going forward!
Business, but not as usual
This is a broad role where you will lead multiple initiatives and enable our product development through your extensive relationship with vendors and engineering teams. You will also ensure that only authorised users/groups have access to each development tool.
This means leading multiple projects and ensure that business targets are met through your extensive relationship with vendors, business unit owners, CTO and other internal stakeholders.
You will also ensure that only authorised users/groups have access to each business appropriate tool. The position reports to the Tech Manager for IT Operations.
- Support technology goals with a deep understanding of application management & its processes, including change management, service level agreement negotiation, problem escalation & compliance, Contract negotiation & pricing and application maintenance.
- Guides engineering teams through business processes needed to apply the right applications to engineering problems, working with engineering teams to unify and improve efficiency of application usage, preparing business case for technology solutions
- Be an active participant in vendor product enhancement. This means being responsible for continuous review and prioritisation of proposed vendor product enhancements. Communicate, identify and transition different types of enhancements to our system users and production environments.
- Communicate information relating to solution performance by comparing anticipated benefits with actual benefits. You will realise this by evaluating actual costs, developing solution performance metrics and preparing cost and benefit analysis.
- Be active in the daily operations and making sure the business gets the support and attention they need from our vendors related to our business support systems.
This is a full-time position and we would love you to start as soon as possible. You will be located in our Stockholm HQ.
The skills you need to succeed
To succeed in this role, we believe you are driven by problem solving and have a business oriented mindset; always looking after the best for iZettle. We believe you have a proactive way of working, with the ability to quickly identify areas of improvement. In order to meet the needs and requirements of the supported business units it is also crucial that you set the right expectations to our vendors. With a strong problem solving, analytical, and organisational skill, you have a great ability to prioritise in a rapidly changing environment like ours.
- Several years of work experience in the areas of business or systems process analysis
- Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated record of establishing effective working relationships with diverse vendors and functions.
- Experience of working closely with a Business Owner and managing several applications.
- Master’s degree in relevant area
- Experience with relevant software applications
- Business Analysis certification
- Formal Project Management training and experience
- Report Writing and Reporting Tools
Bring your talent to our attention
Sounds exciting? Please submit your application in English as soon as possible.
Small minds never helped small businesses.
It takes originality and an open mind to start a small business. That’s why small minds have no place in ours. At iZettle, we celebrate the individuality of the people we work with, valuing the impact that diverse experiences, backgrounds, perspectives and ideas can have on our culture and the products we build. We’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer, a place where everyone can benefit from equal access to professional development and bring their whole personality to work.
iZettle is on a mission to help small businesses succeed in a world of giants. Founded in Stockholm in 2010, we revolutionised mobile payments with the world’s first mini chip card reader and software for mobile devices. Today iZettle’s commerce platform for small businesses in Europe and Latin America provides tools to get paid, sell smarter and grow your business. We’re more than 500 employees of 45 different nationalities operating in 12 countries, and we’re recruiting the best and brightest from around the world to help us grow further.